Sopore massacre: Untoo says he is not satisfied with BSF’s punishment claim

Srinagar, January 06, 2018 (PPI-OT):In occupied Kashmir, rights activist, Muhammad Ahsan Untoo, who is seeking investigations into Sopore massacre, has said that he is not content with BSF’s claims of punishing its guilty personnel. In a report submitted to the Human Rights Commission of the territory last month the BSF said that it had identified 19 BSF personnel involved in the Sopore massacre of 1993. The commission had sought the report from the BSF on a plea filed by Muhammad Ahsan Untoo, seeking investigation and justice in the case.

“Nobody knows clearly about the enquiry process done by BSF in their own staff court of inquiry and if they have punished the culprits or not. The big question still lies unanswered that India’s Home Department has still not sent the sanction to permit the investigation and punish the culprits. When the Home Department will produce sanctions against the culprits involved in the crime then it will be the matter of punishment and justice,” Ahsan Untoo said.

He said that the case was closed by the police two decades ago and stated in its report that nobody cooperated in the investigation process and the case was shifted to the India’s CBI. Muhammad Ahsan Untoo said that some of the victim families from Sopore were in touch with him and he would fight the case till the culprits were punished.

For more information, contact:
Kashmir Media Service
Phone: +92-51-4435548, +92-51-4435549
Fax: +92-51-4861736
Email: info@kmsnews.org
Website: www.kmsnews.org