Sindh govt signs accord for construction of 49 km long Karachi-Thatta Dual carriage way

Karachi, May 07, 2015 (PPI-OT): The Sindh Government has launched another Mega Development Project of road sector by signing concession agreement for construction of Karachi-Thatta Dual carriage way with its total cost of Rs. 9,958 million under the Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode of investment .This 49 km long dual carriage will be constructed from Ghaghar Phattak to Thatta by pass.

The total cost of this project Rs 9958 million includes Rs. 7,499 million as total construction cost and Rs. 2460 million as the total project development cost. As per financial structure, 70% of the project cost i.e. Rs. 6,971 million will be arranged through commercial loan and the remaining 30% Rs. 2,987 million will be contributed through equity by both partners in which 53.3% equal to Rs. 1,593 million will be contributed by F.W.O whereas the remaining 46.7% equal to Rs. 1,394 million will be borne by the Government of Sindh.

The Chief Minister Sindh Syed Qaim Ali Shah, Sindh Minister for Finance Syed Murad Ali Shah, Sindh Minister for Information and Local Government Sharjeel Inam Memon, Director General F.W.O Muhammad Afzal Khan, Director plans F.W.O Brigadier Sultan, Additional Chief Secretary P and D Muhammad Waseem, Secretary Finance Sohail Rajput, officers from Provincial Works and Services, Finance Department, Board of investment attended and witnessed the signing ceremony. While Chief Engineer Works and Services government of Sindh Syed Pervaiz Ali Shah and Director Plans F.W.O Brigadier Sultan signed agreement on behalf of their organizations.

Addressing the ceremony, The Chief Minister Sindh Syed Qaim Ali Shah said that Karachi-Thatta dual carriage way was most important project which is to be linked with Thatta to Mithi road onward to Islamkot and Thar coal field areas, carrying over all road length to 296 K.M. He said that this road would be known as the road towards prosperity in future.

He said that it was also important that we have signed the agreement, with the F.W.O which according to him was very much technically sound organization of this country and added that by virtue of F.W.O capacity it to complete this project in between one and half year or before. He said that this dual carriage way will serve millions of commuters, travelling along the Karachi-Thatta and will open the new avenues of income, employment, trade and investment opportunities in the area through creation of soft infrastructure for social development.

The Sindh Minister for Finance Syed Murad Ali Shah while addressing the ceremony said that the PPP project being initiated under the innovative ideas of PPP leadership are not only limited to the infrastructure projects but it includes projects from the other sectors including Energy, Health and Education Departments.

He further added that the Education Department recently handed over the management of three (3) Schools of Khairpur to a well reputed education management organization under Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode in the process of improving the education at a local level in Sindh, whereas, the Health Department lately signed a services and management contract with reputable medical institutions including Indus Hospital, Dr. Ziauddin and Aman Foundation for uplifting majors Hospitals in Sindh. Similarly Sindh Govt also initiated Nooriabad Power project of 100 km under PPP mode.

He said that we have also successfully completed the Hyderabad – Mirpurkhas dual carriage road under PPP mode investment and also planning other mega development project for the infrastructure development. The Director General FWO Muhammad Afzal Khan while addressing the ceremony said that presently FWO was executing many mega infrastructure development projects including maintenance of Lahore – Islamabad Motor way.

He said that a Mega project of M-9 Motor way from Karachi to Hyderabad is being started within month’s time and would be completed before the stipulated period, similarly Karachi – Thatta dual road would also be completed in a year after starting the work on ground.

He said that financial close for the project is expected by the end of the July 2015 and after that very soon we to arrange ground breaking ceremony of this project. He said that FWO shall design, finance build, operate and transfer the project and it also required to operate and maintain the dual carriage through the life of concession period of 25 years.

For more information, contact:
Mr. Allah Bachayo Memon
Press Secretary
Chief Minister House
Tel: +92-21-99202019
Cell: +92-300-3524057 (Ext: 336)

The post Sindh govt signs accord for construction of 49 km long Karachi-Thatta Dual carriage way appeared first on AsiaNet-Pakistan.