Intifada to continue despite Indian state terrorism

Srinagar, July 15, 2016 (PPI-OT):In occupied Kashmir, the Chairman of All Parties Hurriyet Conference, Syed Ali Gilani, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and Muhammad Yasin Malik in a joint statement issued in Srinagar have reaffirmed their resolve to take the ongoing Intifada to its logical end even if India continues with its brutal and cruel state terrorism.

These leaders who remained under house arrest, today, said that the people of Kashmir were determined to fight with full force the Indian suppression with an ultimate objective of liberating Jammu and Kashmir from Indian occupation.

All other Hurriyet leaders also expressed similar views urging India to read writing on the wall. Shabbir Ahmad Shah, Agha Syed Hassan Al-Moosvi Al-Safvi, Mohammad Ashraf Sehrai, Nayeem Ahmad Khan, Shahid-ul-Islam, Altaf Ahmed Shah, Javaid Ahmed Mir, Mukhtar Ahmed Waza, Zafar Akbar Butt, Qazi Yasir, Ayaz Akbar and many other leaders were confined to their houses or police stations.On the other hand, defying restrictions, people took to the streets in Srinagar, Pattan, Sopore, Baramulla, Islamabad, Tral, Pulwama, Kupwara, Bandipora and other areas and shouted pro-freedom, pro-Pakistan and anti-India slogans. Indian police and troops fired pellets and teargas shells to disperse the protesters at various places, injuring many of them.

People offered Ghaibana Namaz-e-Janaza of the martyrs in different mosques. Complete shutdown, marked by protests, was observed in Kishtwar, Poonch and Mandi areas against the killing spree in the Kashmir Valley. A big demonstration was held at Azadi Chowk in Muzaffarabad against the Indian brutalities in occupied Kashmir.

Meanwhile, the puppet authorities continued to impose strict curfew in the Kashmir Valley on the 7th consecutive day, today, to prevent people from staging demonstrations against the killing of Hizbul-Mujahideen commander, Burhan Wani, his two associates and 41 protesters by Indian forces’ personnel in a period of one week. Internet and cellular services were snapped. Juma prayers could not be held at Jamia Masjid and Khanqah-e-Mualla in Srinagar and many other major mosques in the territory due to the curfew.

On the other hand, students and human rights activists held protests and rallies in Amritsar, Kolkata and New Delhi against the civilian killings in occupied Kashmir. Kashmiri students based in Iran staged a protest there against the killing of innocent protesters by Indian forces in the occupied territory.

For more information, contact:
Kashmir Media Service
Phone: 92-51-4435548, 4435549
Fax: 92-51-4861736