Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber Join Celebrity Wish Granters and Make-A-Wish(R) in Celebrating World Wish Day(R) on 29 April
PHOENIX, April 23, 2012/PRNewswire/ –
This year, a special group of celebrity wish granters came together to craft a Public Service Announcement [http://youtube.com/
Make-A-Wish will celebrate the third annual World Wish Day on 29 April 2012 with thousands of people across 48 countries the Foundation serves around the globe. Other celebrities who participated in the special World Wish Day PSA [http://youtube.com/
Make-A-Wish [http://www.worldwishday.org ] grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. Make-A-Wish has granted over 290,000 wishes since 1980.
World Wish Day is organized by Make-A-Wish to commemorate the anniversary of the wish that inspired the creation of what is now the world’s leading wish-granting organization. Seven-year-old Chris Greicius’ wish to be a police officer was granted in Phoenix, Arizona by volunteers on 29 April 1980.
To celebrate Chris’ wish and the work of the Foundation, Make-A-Wish affiliates, chapters and supporters from all over the world will be joining in the celebration through wish-granting events in their communities and online at worldwishday.org [http://www.worldwishday.org ].
Several Make-A-Wish International sponsors [http://worldwishday.org/en/
Mattel has been a World Wish Day supporter since 2011 and continues to be one of our strongest corporate supporters for the 2012 campaign through a generous cash donation and social media campaign. The world’s largest toy manufacturer also makes a difference in the global Make-A-Wish community throughout the year via product donations, helping to grant wishes and the work of employee volunteers through its charitable arm, the Mattel Children’s Foundation.
Jim Fielding, Board Chair, Make-A-Wish International and President, Disney Stores Worldwide, explains: “Everyone has the opportunity to Join the WorldSM in celebrating wishes around the globe this World Wish Day. A wish improves the life of the wish child and everyone touched by that wish. World Wish Day allows people from all over the world to come together to help make more wishes come true. This year, we ask individuals across the globe to Join the WorldSM by taking part in World Wish Day in their communities and by visiting worldwishday.org [http://www.worldwishday.org ].”
Other World Wish Day highlights include:
– WWE Superstar John Cena, granted wishes to children across Europe throughout April, including wish children Aaron (7) from Ireland, and Mark (7) & Alex (7) from the United Kingdom
– Cake Boss’ Buddy Valastro will grant the wishes of 11 children, including Roberto (16) and Alice (13) of Italy, and Fabio (15) of Portugal in New Jersey on 23 April
– India: granting 110 wishes across India, including Aniket’s (10) wish to be a police officer
– Panama: granting 16 wishes throughout Panama, including Adonis’ (6) wish to have his very own Power WheelsTM toy; A World Wish Day party for 50 wish families will be held at Cinemark, Multicentro where toys donated by Mattel Centroamérica will bring even more joy to the celebration
– Spain: On 24 April, singer Miguel Draco Tena will perform songs from his first album, El éxito definitivo at a live show at Hard Rock Café Madrid benefiting Make-A-Wish Spain
– Singapore: 28 restaurants will donate 50% of proceeds from their selected Wish Dish during the month of April; Samuel (4) had his wish to have an elephant themed party granted
Join the World and show your support of World Wish Day by making a donation at worldwishday.org [http://www.worldwishday.org ], sharing the celebrity PSA [http://youtube.com/
Make-A-Wish(R) grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. The impact of a wish experience spans a lifetime; strengthening children as they fight their illness, encouraging their families and inspiring their communities. Based in Phoenix, Make-A-Wish is the world’s leading wish-granting organization, serving children in 48 countries on five continents. With the help of generous donors and more than 30,000 volunteers worldwide, Make-A-Wish has granted over 290,000 wishes since its inception in 1980. For more information about Make-A-Wish International and World Wish Day, visit worldwishday.org [http://www.worldwishday.org ] and discover how you can Join the WorldSM.
Source: World Wish Day and Make-A-Wish