Category Archives: General Press Releases

US, India Leaders Pledge to Boost Security, Trade Ties

WHITE HOUSE � U.S. President Donald Trump and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi are pledging to work together to boost security and trade ties.

The two countries look forward to working together on advanced defense equipment and technology at a level commensurate with that of the closest allies and partners of the United States, according to a White House statement issued Monday evening.

Declaring his talks with the president very successful and very fruitful, the visiting Indian prime minister gave his host a trademark bear hug in the White House Rose Garden when the two finished reading their respective statement. They did not take questions from the dozens of White House correspondents and the visiting Indian reporters.

Modi also announced increased cooperation on fighting terrorism, including enhanced sharing of intelligence.

The top priority for both President Trump and I is to protect our societies from global challenges like terrorism, and our aim is to strengthen India and the United States, the two great democracies of the world, Modi said alongside Trump.

The U.S. president said New Delhi and Washington can set an example for many other nations and make great strides in defeating common threats.

We will destroy radical Islamic terrorism, said the president.

Indian officials expressed appreciation for the U.S. designation of the Hizb-ul-Mujahideen leader as a Specially Designated Global Terrorist.

Trump and Modi, according to the White House statement, called on Pakistan to ensure that its territory is not used to launch terrorist attacks on other countries and requested Islamabad expeditiously bring to justice the perpetrators of the 26/11 Mumbai, Pathankot and other cross-border terrorist attacks perpetrated by Pakistan-based groups.

Combining both the security and economic relationship, an expected multi-billion-dollar deal for American surveillance drones for the Indian Navy will make a dent in the $24 billion trade imbalance in India’s favor.

The manufacturer of the drones, General Atomics, said it received clearance to sell the unmanned aerial vehicles to the Indian military � a deal estimated to be worth between $2 billion and $3 billion.

The White House Monday evening said the drones had been offered for consideration of sale to enhance India’s capabilities and promote shared security interests.

Meanwhile, the State Department has approved a possible sale of C-17 transport aircraft to India’s government. The Defense Security Cooperation Agency says it delivered the required certification notifying Congress of this possible $366 million sale on Monday.

The president on Monday did not specifically mention the drones or the cargo planes, but in a delegation meeting in the White House Cabinet Room Trump, flanked by his vice president and secretary of state, expressed appreciation for India ordering American defense equipment.

There’s nobody makes military equipment like we make military equipment. Nobody even close. So, we want to thank you very much, Trump said sitting across a conference table from Modi.

What’s clear from this visit and the joint statement is that there is a fair amount of policy continuity in U.S.-India relations since the leadership transition in Washington, the Wilson Center’s South Asia deputy director Michael Kugelman told VOA.

While Modi is touting a Make in India campaign, Trump is all about America First.

Analysts, such as Kugelman, say it is notable that the two leaders directly referenced such potential tension points.

Clearly Modi and Trump believe that economic and trade cooperation need not be as tricky as some may assume, said Kugelman.

Although this was not billed as a state visit, U.S. officials emphasized they rolled out the red carpet for the Indian prime minister. And Modi was the first foreign leader for whom Trump hosted a dinner at the White House.

Source: Voice of America

Pakistan Beefs Up Border Patrol After Attacks in 3 Cities

A Pakistani army spokesman said Saturday that the military had beefed up the monitoring of Pakistan’s border with Afghanistan after insurgents carried out attacks Friday on three major Pakistani cities � Quetta, Parachinar and Karachi.

Major General Asif Ghafoor said the attacks had been traced to rebel sanctuaries in Afghanistan.

In addition, the Pakistani army said it conducted counterterrorism raids overnight in Peshawar, killing three terrorists and arresting 12 suspects.

Officials in Pakistan said Saturday that the death toll from the attacks in the three Pakistani cities had risen to more than 80.

Nearly 100 people were injured in the attacks, which began in the southwestern city of Quetta, where the death toll was at 14, with 20 wounded. Senior police officers apparently were the target, with at least seven officers among the dead.

Both the Islamic State group and Jamaat-ul-Ahrar (JuA), an offshoot of the Pakistani Taliban, claimed responsibility for the attack on Quetta.

Hours later, two bombs went off back to back in the northwestern town of Parachinar, targeting a crowded market in the semiautonomous Kurram tribal district near the Afghan border. The death toll in Parachinar was at least 67, Dr. Sabir Hussain, an official at a hospital in Parachinar, told The Associated Press.

Sajid Turi, a member of parliament from the area, told local journalists that a low-intensity blast occurred during afternoon rush hours, before a second powerful bomb exploded.

The lawmaker said he anticipated the death toll would increase. Hospital sources said more than 260 wounded people had been brought in from the scene, and more than 60 were listed in critical condition.

The population in the area where the deadly blasts occurred is predominantly Shi’ite Muslims.

There were no immediate claims of responsibility for the Parachinar blasts.

Later Friday evening, gunmen in the port city of Karachi attacked police officers at a roadside restaurant, killing five.

Source: Voice of America

په ايکسپو آستانه کي د نيوکيټک خدمات

آستانه، قزاقستان، جون ۲۲، ۲۰۱۷ / پي آر نيوزواير / – د ۲۰۱۷ کال د جون په لسمه د قزاقستان کې  د آستانه ايکسپو پيل کړي شوي ده. په دي ايکسپو کي به د سل نه زيات هيوادونه او نړي وال موسسو به ګډون کوي، او له ۵ ميليونو څخه زياتې ليدونکي به د کتلو لپاره راشي. د ۲۰۱۷ د استانا د پريښوونې موضوع “د راتلونکي انرژي” ده، او دا د منزني آسيا هيوادونو کې لومړني ايکسپو ده. د جون له ۱۰ څخه تر سپتمبر ۱۰ پورې، دا نندارتون به ۹۳ ورځې تير شي  .

چيرته چې لوي نړيوال پيښه شتون لري، موږ د نيکچچ امنيتي سيسټمونه ليدلاي شو. د يو کامياب ايکسپو د شتون کيدو لپاره امنيت اولني ترجيج وي. د آستانه ايکسپو لپاره نيوکټک لپاره د امنيت او حفاظت پر لړکي له ۱۳۰ نه زيات سيټونه بشمول کارګو/وهيکل انسپکشن سسټم، سي ټي بيګيج انسپکشن سسټم او ايکسرے انسپکشن سسټم چمتو کړي وو. نصب او ليږد کول په اپريل کې پيل او د مي په مياشت کې پاي ته ورسيد، او سيسټمونه به د لوژستيکي ويش مرکزونه، اصلي چينلونه، او د ږشپه کنفرانس کنفرانسونه د ټولو کارگوګانو، موټرونو او د ليدونکو ليدلو بکسونو چک کولو لپاره ګمارل کړي وو.

په دې ايکسپو کې کارول د ثټ بکسونو معاينه سيسټم د ثټ- د تجهيزاتو معاينه سيستم دي چې د نيوکټيک لخوا ډيزاين او جوړ شوي. د ډيري تخنيکونو سره تجهيز شوي، محصول د کثافت، مؤثره اټومي شميرې، او د هغو توکو نور ازموينې چې د ازمايښت وړ دي معلومات ترلاسه کوي. د رنګ شوي ځډ ۳ډ انځورونو، د ثټ انځورونو او ډړ انځورونو سربيره،

دا محصول کولي شي په خپل ځان سره  اي ډي ايس او مخدره توکي کشف کړي.

د ايکسپو کميټي د نيوکټيک د مصنوعات او خدمات په اړ کي ډير خه اظهار کړي او مقامي رسينو ته ي د معائنے دعوت ورکړي وو. “د نيوکټيک د نظام د اعلي معيار انځورونه وړاندي کړي د کوم استعمال چي ډير اسان دي. کله نه چي مونږ د دي نظام استعمال پيل کړي دي نو زمونږ د معائنے افاديت نور هوم خه شوي دي”.

انځور:
https://photos.prnasia.com/prnh/20170621/1881466-1

Blasts in Pakistan Kill Dozens, Wound More Than 100

Pakistani officials say three blasts in two major cities killed at least 35 people and wounded more than 100 on June 23 — the last Friday of the holy month of Ramadan.

Authorities say a suicide car bomber killed at least 13 people — including at least five police officers — and wounded 20 people in an attack near the provincial police chief’s office in the southwestern city of Quetta, the capital of the Balochistan Province.

There were competing claims of responsibility for the Quetta attack from a Pakistani Taliban breakaway faction calling itself Jamat-ul-Ahrar and the Islamic State (IS) extremist group.

IS militants claimed that one of its followers with a suicide belt targeted the police post. IS also released a photograph of the alleged attacker, identifying him as Abu Othman al-Khorasani.

Hours after the Quetta attack, twin bombings that were minutes apart killed at least 27 people and wounded more than 80 at a crowded market in the northwestern Shi’a-dominated city of Parachinar.

Government administrator Zahid Hussain said most of the victims were from Pakistan’s Shi’ite minority.

Parachinar is the main city in Pakistan’s Kummar tribal region, located along Afghanistan’s border.

Officials said the first explosion at Parachinar’s Tori market occurred as people were buying food for iftar, the evening meal when Muslims break the fast during the holy month of Ramadan.

The second blast occurred minutes later as rescuers were trying to aid those wounded by the first explosion.

Mohammad Amir, an official at a government-run hospital in Parachinar, said more than 20 of the wounded victims were listed in critical condition.

It was not immediately clear who was behind the Parachinar attacks, but Sunni militant groups have claimed responsibility for numerous similar attacks against Pakistan’s Shi’ite minority in the past.

Copyright (c) 2015. RFE/RL, Inc. Reprinted with the permission of Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, 1201 Connecticut Ave NW, Ste 400, Washington DC 20036.

Blasts in Pakistan Kill Dozens, Wound More Than 100

Pakistani officials say three blasts in two major cities killed at least 35 people and wounded more than 100 on June 23 — the last Friday of the holy month of Ramadan.

Authorities say a suicide car bomber killed at least 13 people — including at least five police officers — and wounded 20 people in an attack near the provincial police chief’s office in the southwestern city of Quetta, the capital of the Balochistan Province.

There were competing claims of responsibility for the Quetta attack from a Pakistani Taliban breakaway faction calling itself Jamat-ul-Ahrar and the Islamic State (IS) extremist group.

IS militants claimed that one of its followers with a suicide belt targeted the police post. IS also released a photograph of the alleged attacker, identifying him as Abu Othman al-Khorasani.

Hours after the Quetta attack, twin bombings that were minutes apart killed at least 27 people and wounded more than 80 at a crowded market in the northwestern Shi’a-dominated city of Parachinar.

Government administrator Zahid Hussain said most of the victims were from Pakistan’s Shi’ite minority.

Parachinar is the main city in Pakistan’s Kummar tribal region, located along Afghanistan’s border.

Officials said the first explosion at Parachinar’s Tori market occurred as people were buying food for iftar, the evening meal when Muslims break the fast during the holy month of Ramadan.

The second blast occurred minutes later as rescuers were trying to aid those wounded by the first explosion.

Mohammad Amir, an official at a government-run hospital in Parachinar, said more than 20 of the wounded victims were listed in critical condition.

It was not immediately clear who was behind the Parachinar attacks, but Sunni militant groups have claimed responsibility for numerous similar attacks against Pakistan’s Shi’ite minority in the past.

Copyright (c) 2015. RFE/RL, Inc. Reprinted with the permission of Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, 1201 Connecticut Ave NW, Ste 400, Washington DC 20036.

بیجنگ اور منسک کے درمیان کاروباری تعاون اور تجارت کے فروغ کا عزم

منسک، بیلاروس ، 22 جون 2017ء / سنہوا-ایشیانیٹ /– بیجنگ-منسک بزنس کارپوریشن پروموشن فیئر 21جون کومنسک میں منعقد ہوئی۔ چینی کونسل برائے فروغِ بین الاقوامی تجارت بیجنگ کی ذیلی -کونسل (سی سی پی آئی ٹی بیجنگ) کے نائب چیئرمین اور بیجنگ وفد کے سربراہ لی لکشیا نے کہا کہ بیجنگ منسک کے ساتھ کاروباری تعاون کے رابطے اور تجارتی سرمایہ کاری میں اضافے کے مسلسل فروغ کا خواہشمند ہے۔

لی لکشیا نے کہا کہ چین اور بیلاروس کے درمیان دوستانہ تعلقات کی طویل تاریخ ہے۔ ستمبر 2016ء میں صدر لوکاشنکو نے چین کا دورہ کیا اور دونوں ممالک نے باہمی اعتماد اور باہمی فائدہ پر مشتمل جامع اسٹریٹجک شراکت داری قائم کرنے کا اعلان کیا تھا۔

2016ء کے آخر تک چین-بیلاروس تجارتی حجم 1.524 ارب ڈالر تک جا پہنچا تھا۔ تعاون کے روشن امکان کے ساتھ چین ایشیا میں بیلاروس کا سب سے بڑا کاروباری شراکت دار اور تیسرا بڑا تجارتی شراکت دار بن گیا۔ بیلٹ اینڈ روڈ انیشی ایٹو کی تعمیر میں مسلسل پیش رفتاور اسٹریٹجک شراکت داری کو مزیدمستحکم کرنے کے تناظر میں بیجنگ نے منسک میں بزنس کارپوریشن پروموشن فیئر کا انعقاد کیا، جو جڑواں شہروں کی مشترکہتعمیر اور منسک کے ساتھ اقتصادی اور تجارتی تعاون پر بیجنگ کی توجہ کے لیے ایک ٹھوس مشق ہے۔

پروموشن فیئر کو سی سی پی آئی ٹی بیجنگ اور بیلاروسی اعوان صنعت و تجارت کی منسک شاخ نے مشترکہ طور پر منعقد کیا۔ خوراک، آرٹ، لباس، دواسازی، نمائش، قانون وغیرہ کے شعبوں سے تعلق رکھنے والے منسک کے 50 کاروباری اداروں اور توانائی، سیاحت، ثقافت، زراعت، سائنس و ٹیکنالوجی، معیشت و تجارت کے شعبوں میں کام کرنے والے بیجنگ کے 70 کاروباری اداروں نے فیئر میں حصہ لیا۔

ذریعہ: چینی کونسل برائے فروغِ بین الاقوامی تجارت بیجنگ